Thursday, February 15, 2007

Ulpan and Wine

Sorry about being so bad with the updates! Here is what has been going on since the last...

So I am finally on my last leg of Ulpan! Thank gosh! I really dislike it!
On Monday I went to Zikaron Yaacov (south of Haifa) and to the Carmel Winery that is there! It was an amazing field trip (office of student activities provided it)! I have never been to a winery before so it was a lot of fun. We first got to have a wine tasting and tasted a Merlot, Chardonnay and a mascotto.


Then we got a tour of how the wine is made. It was very educational. The grapes are grown all around Israel and sent to 3 of the different wineries that the company has.

Then we walked over to the town center which was one of the earliest settlements in Palestine. And that's about it. I really haven't been doing anything else. I got the most amazing red roses from Brian for Valentines day.

In case you were wondering they do kinda celebrate it here. I did see a bunch of stores with valentines day type things in them. I am going to Barcelona on Tuesday!!! I am so excited cause Ulpan is over then and I am going to SPAIN!!!! I am so excited!

No comments: